City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Tackling Poverty: A Local & National Agenda (Manhattan)
Development and Communications Associate
The Center for Popular Democracy
The Associate reports to the Director of Development and Communications and will also work closely with the senior management team. The Associate will provide a range of support on all aspects of CPD's fundraising, grants management, and communications work. The position is flexible, and offers room for professional development and increasing responsibility as CPD continues to grow. The successful candidate will have relevant experience, as well as a demonstrated interest in joining a fast-paced, dynamic team to help envision and expand CPD's development and communications capacity.
- Conduct prospect research on potential corporate, foundation, and other funding sources
- Maintain accurate records of fundraising activity in organization database
- Assist with grant application process and supporting documentation and preparation of interim and final reports to funders - Assist with fundraising event planning
- Provide other backup to senior staff in their fundraising efforts, as needed
- Draft and edit communications content (print, web & social media)
- Manage newsletter and press release distribution, including photo editing.
- Assist with day-to-day updates and maintenance of organization website
- Assist with media monitoring and press work, including maintaining press clips and press packets
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; prior experience editing or proof reading a plus
- Commitment to social justice, with 1-2 years of relevant fundraising, communications, or nonprofit experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and databases; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, with commitment for growth within the organization
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.
How TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
In the cover letter please indicate not only your relevant skills and experience, but why you are interested in CPD as an organization and this position.
The Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We build the strength and capacity of democratic community organizations and provide campaign, research and policy support to help advance a pro- worker, immigrants’ rights, racial justice agenda at the local and state level. CPD currently has more than 100 partners across the country, and more than 45 active projects in 26 states.