City Limits has been the long-standing provider of New York City's top career opportunities and marketplace resources for the non-profit and civic community. For employers and recruiters, thousands of dynamic applicants who know and love the five boroughs search for emerging opportunities here.
MORE JOB LISTINGS
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
City of New York Department of Buildings
Civil Service Title: Inspector (Elevators) Level: 00 Title Code NO: 31624 Salary: $45,162/$51,936-$65,971 Annual Business Title: Inspector Work Location: 280 Broadway, 4th Floor, N.Y. Division/Work Unit: Elevators Number of Positions: 2 Job ID: 118186 Hours/Shift: 40 hours (minimum)
As an Elevator Inspector, the selected candidate will:
* Perform technical work in the inspection of construction alteration and safety of elevators, escalators, amusement rides and other related devices for compliance of codes and regulations
* Witness safety tests on high-speed elevators.
* Perform spot-checks and audits on elevator escalator and amusement devices
* Investigate citywide accidents and complaints of adverse inspection reports.
* Review and examine plans for elevator installations or alterations for conformity with the New York City Building Code and make reports or objections.
* Answer contractor and property owner inquiries regarding the New York City Building Code as it applies to elevator constructions.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience within the last 15 years in the actual assembly, installation, repair or design of elevators; or as a maintenance elevator mechanic with a recognized elevator manufacturer; or as a maintenance elevator mechanic working on various standard makes of elevators; or 2. Three years of experience as described in "1" above, and two years of education from an accredited college or university accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), technical school or trade school approved by a state s Department of Education in courses in or directly related to the installation, repair or design of elevators; or 3. Satisfactory completion of the three-year apprenticeship elevator inspection program approved by the Commissioner of the Department of Buildings and the Commissioner of the Department of Citywide Administrative Services and either two years of experience as described in "1" above or two years of education as described in "2" above; or 4. A license as a professional engineer or a registration as an architect valid in the State of New York.
Residency Requirement: New York City Residency is not required for this position.
* QEI Certification preferred.
* Knowledge of NYC Building Code
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Strong Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows.
How TO APPLY:
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED