Graduate programs and degrees in New York City and the tri-state region
TYPE OF LISTING
- Graduate School Programs
- More Graduate School Programs
- Graduate School Programs
- Undergraduate School Programs
- Informational and Open Houses
- Fellowship Programs
- Workshops and Seminars
- Training Programs
- Conferences and Events
- View All City Learning Center Listings
FILTER BY TOPIC:
- Arts and Culture
- Public Affairs
- Health and Environment
- Housing and Development
- Law and Justice
- The Economy
SEARCH BY KEYWORD
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
CUNY-School of Professional Studies
In 2003, the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York created the CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) with the purpose of meeting the educational needs of working adults, organizations, and employers.
Since then, SPS has developed into a well established school serving New York City’s dynamic marketplace through the provision of timely, innovative and academically rigorous programs of study designed to address new or unmet needs. Home to CUNY’s first fully online degrees and groundbreaking Master’s degree programs, SPS has found new ways of fulfilling CUNY’s mission of access, reaching students with new modes of instruction, new courses and curricula, new kinds of learning tailored for diverse requirements and constituencies.
Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs, advanced and undergraduate certificate programs, and professional development courses provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater participation in social institutions, and new ways to meet the constant need to upgrade knowledge.
The School is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies and the Off-Campus College.
* The Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies offers educational opportunities to union members to meet their career advancement and personal growth needs. It also serves as an academic resource on issues of concern to the labor movement and publishes New Labor Forum, a national journal of analysis and debate.
* The Off-Campus College offers working students access to a college education by providing workplace related, credit-bearing courses and certificates.
As SPS continues to grow it commits itself to aligning the education it offers with the current needs of its students, always intent on making that education timely, relevant and powerfully useful.
Application Deadline: 09/15/10