Training programs and opportunities in New York City and the tri-state region
Training Programs in New York City Calendar
TYPE OF LISTING
- Training Programs
- More Training Programs in New York City
- Graduate School Programs
- Undergraduate School Programs
- Informational and Open Houses
- Fellowship Programs
- Workshops and Seminars
- Training Programs
- Conferences and Events
- View All City Learning Center Listings
FILTER BY TOPIC:
- Arts and Culture
- Public Affairs
- Health and Environment
- Housing and Development
- Law and Justice
- The Economy
SEARCH BY KEYWORD
- After School English Language Arts Specialist
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Presentation and Design for Journalists
Presented by CUNY J Camp
Instructor: Shazna Nessa
Dates and Time: 5 Thursday evening sessions, Nov. 8 – Dec. 13 from 5 – 7:50 p.m.
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of good presentation, layout, and multimedia design. The course will cover basic typography, color theory, page layout, navigation, and information architecture. It will also address the importance of design in building brand and audience. Students will use a variety of online tools and services as well as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. Weekly material and assignments will culminate in a single project that incorporates material introduced throughout the module.
Objectives: At the completion of Presentation/Design for Journalists, students will be able to:
-Identify the basics and standards of good media design.
-Make professional design choices as related to font, color and layout for portfolio blogs and other projects.
-Use a variety of Adobe design and presentation software to create logos, montages and simple graphics for multimedia packages.
-Work professionally with a variety of presentation tool/platforms to develop and customize webpages, infographics and multimedia packages.
Event Dates: 11/08/12 to 11/08/12
Financial Aid Available: No