City Limits features the latest announcements from organizations, campaigns, government entities, foundations, and non-profit agencies. We are the the five borough's best forum for all civic initiatives, cultural happenings, new hires, RFPs and more.
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
- Volunteer Opportunities
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Targeted SNAP Outreach RFP - Queens Outreach
- Targeted SNAP Outreach RFP -Staten Island Outreach
- Red Hook Brownfield Opportunity Area RFP
BoardserveNYC.org: Join A Nonprofit Board
United Way of NYC
United Way of New York City invites you to participate in BoardServeNYC, a nonprofit board recruitment, training, and placement initiative in partnership with NYC Service. BoardServeNYC links nonprofit organizations in NYC with prospective board candidates who are passionate about volunteering and are ready, willing and able to volunteer on a board of directors.
* Recruits potential board candidates from diverse fields and backgrounds, including finance, law, marketing, IT, fundraising, operations, human resources, among others (must live or work in New York City).
* Actively seeks New York City 501(C)(3) organizations searching for new board members.
* Offers matching services to connect nonprofit organizations with potential board candidates
* Delivers 6-hours of training to all participating potential board candidates on the duties and responsibilities of board members, including fundraising and financial oversight ($100 registration fee to cover cost of materials).
* Provides 3-hours of guidance to all participating nonprofits on how to effectively engage candidates and utilize new board members.
To learn more and apply, visit www.boardservenyc.org.