City Limits features the latest announcements from organizations, campaigns, government entities, foundations, and non-profit agencies. We are the the five borough's best forum for all civic initiatives, cultural happenings, new hires, RFPs and more.
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
- Press Releases
- Family Dynamics Family Counselor
- Legislative/Policy Director (Full Time Position)
- Campaigns Director (Full Time Position)
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Community Partner Fellowship RFP
- Integrated Storm Water Management Master Plan
- CONTEMPORARY ART FAIR NYC, MAY 8-11, IN CHELSEA
Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz seeks veterans of Operation Dessert Storm
Office of Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz
Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz is calling on Brooklyn veterans of Operation Desert Storm—particularly vets of the 102nd Maintenance Company of the Army National Guard—to carry a special Brooklyn flag in New York City's Veterans Day Parade on Sunday, November 11. The 102nd Maintenance Company—"The Pride of Brooklyn"—carried the flag during the campaign to liberate Kuwait 20 years ago. During battle, the flag sustained damage when an American Patriot missile hit an Iraqi Scud missile over the position held by the 102nd, causing molten metal to rain down on the flag. The flag is displayed in the Rotunda at Brooklyn Borough Hall. BP Markowitz will present the flag to an appropriate group for inclusion in this year's parade. The United War Veterans Council of New York, organizers of the Veterans Day Parade, has reserved a place of honor for these veterans in the march next month. Brooklyn vets of Operation Desert Storm and the 102nd Maintenance Company of the Army National Guard interested in participating are asked to call the United War Veterans at 212-843-9367.