City Limits features the latest announcements from organizations, campaigns, government entities, foundations, and non-profit agencies. We are the the five borough's best forum for all civic initiatives, cultural happenings, new hires, RFPs and more.
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
- Volunteer Opportunities
- SW - Scattered Site (LI) Social Worker
- Analyst (Community Coordinator)
- RESEARCH SCIENTIST // City Research Scientist II
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
Mentors Needed for Veterans and Domestic Survivors
The Interfaith Assembly on Homelessness and Housing
Our two newest Life-Skills Empowerment Programs have just begun their 26 session cycles and both programs - Living Well for domestic violence survivors, and Home Coming for homeless veterans.
We are in need of a few more mentors to meet with the participants approximately 5 times over the next 12 weeks of the program and helping him or her to articulate and begin to move towards completing their personal and professional goals.
Mentors will receive training and will also be benefiting from ongoing support from staff. If you are interested in helping to reach out to potential mentor, or learning more about mentoring in our life-skills programs, or supporting our programs in other ways, we would love to hear from you.