City Limits features the latest announcements from organizations, campaigns, government entities, foundations, and non-profit agencies. We are the the five borough's best forum for all civic initiatives, cultural happenings, new hires, RFPs and more.
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
- Volunteer Opportunities
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Advocate Call for Making Policy Public is Open!
- Mentoring Handbook RFP
- Anti-Violence Career Readiness Curriculum RFP
Donors Needed for Upcoming Blood Drives
The New York Blood Center
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, the New York Blood Center, serving more than 20 million people in the Tri-State area, is in critical need of blood donors.
Blood donors receive free mini-medical exams on site including information about their temperature, blood pressure and hematocrit level. Eligible donors include those people at least age 16 (with parental permission), who weigh a minimum of 110 pounds, are in good health and meet all Food and Drug Administration and NY or NJ State Department of Health donor criteria. People over 75 may donate with a doctor's note.