City Limits features the latest announcements from organizations, campaigns, government entities, foundations, and non-profit agencies. We are the the five borough's best forum for all civic initiatives, cultural happenings, new hires, RFPs and more.
TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
- Press Releases
- After School English Language Arts Specialist
- Policy Associate for Early Childhood Education and Education
- Policy Associate for Research and Data
LATEST LEARNING CENTER
- Tackling Poverty: The History of Poverty and Homelessness in New York City
- Bronx Bureau Launch Event and Conversation
- Involvement Conference: Trending In the Public Sector
- Advocate Call for Making Policy Public is Open!
- Mentoring Handbook RFP
- Anti-Violence Career Readiness Curriculum RFP
The 3rd Annual State of Young Black New York Conference
The New York Urban League of Young Professionals
On Saturday, February 23, 2013, join global leaders in non-profit, corporate, government, health, and public service for the 3rd Annual State of Young Black New York Conference
This year's symposium will focus on the theme: Is the World Really Ours? Diversity in the Global Workforce, and is aimed at broadening the occupational perspectives of young urban professionals by presenting workshops and keynote speakers to share the endless opportunity of advancement within the international community.
This annual state of address, which attracts 300+ attendees from across the Greater New York area, will bring together today’s young, urban professionals who seek to expand their career outlook on a global scale. NYULYP is proud to present our keynote speakers:
Michelle Gadsden-Williams (Global Head, Diversity & Inclusion at Credit Suisse)
Robert Childs (Chief Learning Officer at American Express),
As well as a host of professional panelists to share their insight on diversity in the global workforce. Conference topics include:
* A.C.A: How does the Affordable Care Act Translate to Access, Care and Accountability?
* Old Game, New Players: Are The Rules of Engagement Changing for Minorities?
* If You Build It, They Will Come: Empowering the Community From Words to Actions
* Redefining Success: Which Ladder to Climb and Where to Land
As a proud sponsor of the event, State Farm will be launching a digital sweepstakes via NYULYP social media outlets for a chance to win a prize package of a $500 State Farm Visa® Gift Card, an iPad mini, and a FREE insurance and financial review compliments of a State Farm agent.
About New York Urban League
The New York Urban League, Inc. (the "League") is one of the local affiliates of the National Urban League, a nonprofit, nonpartisan, multi-ethnic, social service organization celebrating its 90th anniversary in 2010. Through direct service delivery, advocacy, referrals, community capacity building, information dissemination and technical assistance, the League accomplishes its mission to improve social and economic conditions and opportunities for African-Americans and other people who face barriers to full participation in American society.
About New York Urban League Young Professionals
The New York Urban League Young Professionals (NYULYP) is a unique entity of the New York Urban League designed to serve as an empowerment forum for individuals ages twenty-one to forty that live and work throughout New York City.