City Limits Staff and Board

The publication is led by a talented and dedicated team of professionals, contributors, and volunteers, and funded by foundation support, advertising and subscription, and individual contributions from readers like you.

For information on joining our team and contributing to our new organization, visit our work for us page.


  • Mark Edmiston
  • Chairman
  • Nomad Editions

  • Bob Herbert
  • Distinguished Senior Fellow
  • Demos

  • David R. Jones
  • President
  • Community Service Society

  • Steven L. Krause
  • Chief Operating Officer
  • Community Service Society

  • Elizabeth Cooke Levy
  • Non-Profit Manager
  • & Consultant

  • Mark E. Lieberman
  • Economist
  • Economics Analytics Research

  • Tom Allon
  • President
  • Manhattan Media

  • Eric Schrier
  • Independent Board Advisor

  • Frances Reilly
  • Chief Operating Officer
  • World Science Festival

  • Dan Rubin
  • Senior VP/Chief Financial Officer
  • Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts


  • 31 East 32nd Street, 3rd floor
  • New York, NY 10016
  • 212-481-8484 extension 307







Jack Curran

Jack Curran is an editorial intern. Originally from Saratoga Springs, NY he is currently studying journalism and economics at Ithaca College.


Articles, Investigations and Blogs

Our How To NYC series continues with a look at help available for everything from food to heat to medical care.

Community groups say a survey of households affected by the superstorm found that 60 percent report visible mold.

One way that you can help in disasters and other civic emergencies is by joining your local Community Emergency Response Team.

Some 1 million New Yorkers live in co-ops, an affordable ownership option for many families. But some say the companies that sponsor coops are retaining too much control—at residents' expense.

Disposing of household products is not always as easy as putting them in your trashcan or recycling bin.

To be on a community board you must be a New York City resident and live, work or have significant interest in the district of the board you wish to join.

City and state agencies are increasingly placing information that once required a FOIL request on their website. Before you initiative a formal FOIL request, you should prowl the agency's site to see what is there for the taking.

City zoning laws regulate what can and cannot be built on certain parcels of land. If zoning laws restrict your plans, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of your project. You can apply for a zoning variance.

You do not need to know the officer’s name or badge number to make a complaint. Investigators can usually use basic information about the time and location to identify the officer.

If you're in New York City as you read this, chances are you're being heated by oil that includes biodiesel. Soon, all city vehicles—and maybe private ones, too—might be mandated to use the same fuel.

Next 10 >